Saturday, November 30, 2013

Review: Torn From You by Nashoda Rose




Synopsis:
Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy.

At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy, and I like sweet.

Then it all shattered.

Kidnapped.
Starved.
Beaten.
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me.

I was wrong.



*Warning: This book contains some disturbing situations, strong language and sexual content. Over 18 years.


This is a love story with some dark elements. Dark contemporary romance. No cliffhanger and next in the Tear Asunder series is Ream's story (the band's lead guitarist).


My Review:

 "I trusted him. I gave myself to him, and he took me, peeled back layers of my soul until he saw it all. Then he took me."

Holy freaken moly! That was hot! More words that come to mind...dark, gritty, sexy...the list could go on and on. 

I warn you, this is not for the faint of heart. It deals with dark stuff such as sex trafficking. The men in this book degrade women and treat them as if they are animals. In their eyes, they are animals. So again I warn you, if you don't think that this type of book can be for you, I suggest you stop reading my review, because even though it dealt with such horrific stuff, I couldn't put the book down.

In Torn From You, we meet Sculpt and Emily. Sculpt is the lead singer of his band and they are about to go on tour. He wants Emily to go on tour with him but she wants to go to college. One night while Sculpt is playing in a bar, Emily gets drugged and kidnapped.

As she is getting beaten, she hears a vaguely familiar voice...

The voice in non other than Sculpt himself and he takes Emily all the way to Mexico, where she will be trained to be a sex slave.


"He wanted complete and utter submission. He wanted me to be his slave."

My heart felt for Emily and what she had to endure. The things she had to see and hear, were things no person should ever have to go through. It didn't help any that the man she loved, was so cold towards her. Why wasn't he saving her? 

"He looked so beautiful, and it pissed me off that he could look so beautiful when he was so ugly."

Every fiber in Emily's body wants to hate Sculpt but at the same time she loves him and the man she thought he was. The man she grew to love is sweet and worships the ground she walks on. The new Sculpt is fierce, cold, and simply terrifying.

I think I loved him along with Emily. He is a rockstar, and illegal fighter, and a dominant. It's like Kellan, Travis, and Christian all rolled up into one! If that doesn't make you love him, I don't know what will. He is irresistible and down right sexy, I wanted to hate him. I did, but I couldn't.

"Don't ever think you're safe with me. I fuck you because I need release, that's all you can be to me." -Sculpt 

The story takes you on a roller coaster of emotions and there are some twists that you won't see coming. I think everyone needs to put this on their TBR because it's that good. I know I'm going to go insane waiting on the second book. 

"Some things can't be repaired. You break them bad enough, they can't be fixed."

With characters that will bury themselves deep in your heart you won't want them out, and a plot that keeps you turning page after page...Torn From You is easily a 5+++++ read! The blurb alone should have you begging for more;)

Expected publication date is December 27,2013. There will also be a novella coming out the same day, With You.

Thank you to Netgalley for providing me with a review copy for an honest review.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig