Saturday, November 2, 2013

Review: A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers


Synopsis:
Have you ever gone just a little too far?

Lexie Banks has.

Yep. She just had mind-blowing sex with her stepbrother. In her defense, she was on the rebound, and it’s more of a my-dad-happened-to-marry-a-woman-with-a-super-hot-son situation. But still, he’s been her best friend and confidant for the better part of the last few years … and is so off limits. It’s a good thing she’s leaving in two days for a year abroad in Rome.

But even thousands of miles away, Lexie can’t seem to escape trouble. Raised Catholic, she goes to confession in hopes of alleviating some of her guilt … and maybe not burning in hell. Instead, she stumbles out of the confessional and right into Alessandro Moretti, a young and very easy-on-the-eyes deacon … only eight months away from becoming a priest. Lexie and Alessandro grow closer, and when Alessandro’s signals start changing despite his vow of celibacy, she doesn’t know what to think. She’s torn between falling in love with the man she shouldn’t want and the man she can’t have. And she isn’t sure how she can live with herself either way.



My Review: 

Just read a sneak peek...holy moly I need the rest!

November 2, 2013

So I just finished this!

I so did not see that one coming...seriously. 
Lexie is on the rebound after her boyfriend of three years turns out to be a big fat cheater. As destiny would have it, she turns to her best friend/step-brother,Trent. Their relationship forever changes after they have a moment of weakness. Some would ca it fate. 

Lexie had also scored a study abroad in Italy for her major in art. There she meets Alessandro, the soon to be priest. She also meets Abby, a crazy, wonderful girl that's full of life.

While studying all the beautiful art and culture Italy has to offer, Lexie and Alessandro start to form a close friendship of sorts. It's being with him, that she realizes what she really wants to do with her life, and what she's willing to do for it. 

**may be spoilers***

Okay nvm, there WILL be spoilers!!
****
*****
******
One last warning!!

Alright, I am not going to lie, I am kinda disappointed with the way the book ended. In fact, I'm reallllllly disappointed with the way it ended. Which is the reason I gave it four stars instead of five. 

I loved the friendship we got with Lexie and Alessandro. I loved the build up and the sexual tension. I loved how kind and non judgmental Alessandro was.

 What I don't love is that she ends up with Trent! Now I get it okay, I totally get why they end up together but I still can't help but feel angry that Lexie ended up with him. Just my personal opinion. I liked Trent well enough. Especially before the book, when I was able to sample the first chapter. 

I thought Trent was HOT! And a step brother at that? That's taking forbidden to another level and I loved it. Then I saw the blurb and realized there would be another man. So I put off the book until a few days ago. See, I don't like love triangles too much. Not that this is a love triangle, but dammit, I fell in love with Alessandro. The more I read about him, the more I fell. And the more I forgot about Trent...
Kind of...
I felt the jealousy Lexie felt when she thought he was with Sam. I felt it all! This is obviously the sign of a great author. My emotions are messed up. 

Then BAM!

She realizes she's really in love with Trent and my poor mangled heart breaks along with Alessandros. Poor guy. I feel his pain!

Aside from all that, I thought this was one ridiculously sexy ass book. I can't wait to dive into the next one. 

Which guess what?

It's Alessandro's story!!! Thank youuuu! 
So excuse me while I go and read about my boyfriend;)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig