Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review- Deceiving Destiny by Nadège Richards


Summary--
When your destiny lies in the hands of your enemy, there’s only one thing you won’t do to save the ones you love...

Now free from the walls that confine New Haven, the place she had once believed to be her home, Echo must find a way to put an end to a war only she has the power to stop. She has yet to discover her true abilities as a hybrid leader, but what happens when the dreams that plague her become something more? Someone more? In the midst of exploring her love for Ayden and venturing through forbidden lands for a key that will explain everything, Echo finds Kahl—the boy that haunts her in her sleep, yet has the hidden answers she seeks. And Echo will do just about anything to get them.

In the second installment of The Bleeding Heart Trilogy, relationships are put to the test, dreams become desires, and ultimately one girl will discover her purpose in a promised legend written in stone.

My Review:
"Our war for freedom was just beginning."

Oh how I love Ayden and Echo!!

"Our time together is limitless."

Deceiving Destiny starts off where Burning Bridges ends. Our lovely couple has fled New Haven and started a rebellion against the King and Noah. 

I definitely loved this story more than the first for various reasons. I liked getting to know Ayden and Echo more as individuals as well as a couple. I felt in the first book there was no build up and they just fell in love. But now I can totally see why their love is so genuine. They truly are soul mates. 

There was a bunch of action and adventure. Echo is so bada** and can hold her own as a woman. Not that we didn't see that fiery attitude in the first book. The thing I love most about her is that she is selfless and kind. Love her! 

"You take two, I take three?" Ayden whispered to me, his back against my own.
I scoffed. "I'm offended. Think I can't handle three?"
"Must we argue about this right now?"


As always, Ayden is amazing and the perfect boyfriend. 
"Never let me go", Echo whispered into my neck,twining her fingers in the hair at my nape.
"I don't plan to, princess. Not for a very long time."

Um, swoon! 

This is a great set of books, if you haven't read the first one, go get it:)
Because you are so missing out! 

*copy provided by author for honest review
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig