Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review:Branded by @abiandmissy


Goodreads Blurb: 
Fifty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best. 
Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home. 

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain. 

Now every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.

The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me. 
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter. 
My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.

My Thoughts:
If I could give this 100 stars I would. 

It's been awhile since I have read a dystopian novel. Lately, I have been knee deep in the New Adult contemporary novels. But I've been growing bored and I have needed something new and exciting. 

I have finally found it with Branded. 
I am not one to do recaps of the summary, the blurb is good enough. Plus, I feel like I might give something away and I don't want to!

You should buy this book for many reasons, one being the heroine, Lexi, isn't a weak and annoying lead. She has a tortured past yet she is so strong and compassionate. This is the kind of character that I believe younger girls should look up to, she is just that awesome. 

Our male lead,Cole, is just as strong as Lexi but in a slightly different way. He is also very loyal and brave. I loved his character! For once I wasn't too engrossed in the romance. I was more concerned with the storyline itself. 

Don't get me wrong, you'll love the romance! I just liked the action scenes a little bit more. Which brings me to the topic of this being action packed! I loved it and it definitely kept me on the edge of my seat. 

Some secondary characters to look forward to are Sutton, Alyssa, Zeus!, and Bruno. They all play a large part in the story as well. I am sure you will fall in love with them as I have. 

The world Abi and Missy have created is so scary to think about. A world where our system is not "innocent until proven guilty". An unfair world where people get thrown into a pit like hell for being a sinner. 

If you love dystopian novels filled with brave characters, romance, and lots of action, this is for you. You are so missing out by not reading this...trust me!!!

**book given to me by author for honest review**
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig