Thursday, May 9, 2013

Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec Review

Summary:
Claire is a twenty-something, single mom that grudgingly helps her best friend sell sex toys while she attempts to make enough money to start her own business to give her foul-mouthed, but extremely love able (when he's asleep) toddler a better life.

When Carter, the one-night-stand from her past that changed her life forever, shows up in her hometown bar without any recollection of her besides her unique chocolate scent, Claire will make it a point that he remembers her this time.

With Carter's undisguised shock at suddenly finding out he has a four-year-old son and Claire's panic that her stretch marks and slim to none bedroom experience will send the man of her dreams heading for the hills, the pair will do whatever they can to get their happily ever after.

Warning: contains explicit sex, profanity and enough sarcasm to choke a horse.


My thoughts on the book:
My first thought as soon as I finished Seduction and Snacks was, "wow, I was not expecting that." Seriously, I have not laughed that hard at a book in..well ever. I was constantly laughing from the first page until the very last. It may have to do with the fact that I am a mom and I could relate to some of the stuff Claire was going through. And stuff I have YET to go through considering I have a three year old little boy. At least I know I can have a good laugh along the way.

I recently just found out about the Chocolate Lovers series not long ago. It has been about a year since the book has been out but I just had to share with everyone how awesome I found it. I even converted a few of my work friends into the reading it and needless to say, they love it too. I am going to be starting the second asap.

There were some parts in the book that lagged but for the most part it was an entertaining plot. The characters were well developed and all had a sense of humor. They were also like able, almost as if you would want them as your best friends. Okay, I admit...I DO want them as my best friends! Hah

Claire is a great heroine. I really enjoyed reading and getting inside her head. I love how much of a softy she was at heart even though she tried to prove to people that she was a bad ass. I mean yes, she was a bad ass but still.

Carter is dreamy but the one that stole the show was Gavin by far! That kid was crazy times a hundred, I have no idea what I would do if he was my kid. I would definitely have to laugh behind closed doors that's for sure. Some of the things he does and says you want to smack him but secretly smile and giggle because he is such a clever/witty/smart ass little boy.

This is a humorously sexy book. If you have not yet had the chance to read it, go and get it now!!

Amazon link:
Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1)
 http://www.amazon.com/Seduction-Snacks-Chocolate-Lovers-ebook/dp/B008AZTUU8/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1
It is only $1.99 y'all.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Usually I read to get away from life and chose fictional stories, but this one had such a reality to it and I didn't mind at all. Claire is my hero! Great story! Vagina clown-cars and all :) A Must read for anyone looking for a good time :)

    ReplyDelete

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig