Saturday, February 17, 2018

Review—Restoring Us by Fabiola Francisco

Restoring Us - Book OneRestoring Us - Book One by Fabiola Francisco
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Honestly, I don’t know what to feel but anger. I love books with angst, cheating, manwhores with a heart of gold... but this book rubbed me the wrong way. Ava has cancer and the love of her life leaves her. Then two years later, after beating cancer and going to Europe, she’s back. And being in Ethan’s head as he tries to justify leaving Ava made me hella uncomfortable.

This is a direct quote from Ethan’s friend
“Yeah, but you were also twenty-two and scared. You need to stop obsessing over the fact that you abandoned her. Shit happens. You can’t change what you did. Let’s go have drinks when you finish ‘analyzing your reports,’”

Shit happens?! Excuse my language but fuck that.

This is a direct quote from the heroine’s own brother
“Don’t act all naïve. You know Ethan is in love with you. The guy’s been a mess ever since you left for Europe. He regrets what he did.”

And another one
“It may not be clear to you, but I’m telling you what I know. I’m not defending him. You’re my sister. Trust me, I kicked his ass when I ran into him the first time I saw him after he broke you. I’m just saying that you’ve got a second chance.”

Again...fuck that. It’s never bothered me when a H is a manwhore and the h remains celibate. It enraged me in this book though. Her “soulmate” wasn’t thinking of her as he fucked as many women as he could to “forget” her. Ha. How convenient.

I will not continue the rest of the series.

View all my reviews
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig