Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Review: Wanted by J. Kenner


Synopsis:
For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey, Bared to You, and Release Me comes an all-new erotic series of three enigmatic and powerful men, and the striking women who can bring them to their knees.
 
He is everything I crave, all I desperately want—and he is everything I can’t have.
 
Evan Black embodies my every fantasy. He is brilliant, fierce, and devastatingly handsome. But he is also headstrong, dangerous, and burdened with secrets.

My family warned me to stay away, that I could never handle Evan’s dark dealings or scarred past. Maybe I should have listened. Maybe I should have run. But our desire is undeniable, and some temptations you just can’t fight.

And from the moment we touch—the passion between us consuming us both—I know that I will never be the same.

Wanted is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.

Review:
3.5
I was ecstatic when I first got approved for Wanted! I even had the book pre-ordered from the time I first heard about it. That's how much I was anticipating reading about a hot man and the girl who brought him to his knees.

Unfortunately, I was somewhat disappointed. While I stillvery much enjoyed the story and will be picking up the next one, I found the female lead too overly obsessed with the male lead, Evan.

It may just be a pet peeve of mine but I hate when the heroines can only think about the guy in the story.

“He was everything I’d ever wanted.”

Wanted begins at a funeral for Angie’s Uncle Jahn, who died from a brain aneurysm. He was like a second father to her and his loss has taken its toll on her. It was through him that she met Evan, Tyler, and Cole; the three main guys that this trilogy will be about.

“Evan Black was the slow burn of sin and seduction.”

Angie has been in love with Evan since she first laid eyes on him when she was sixteen years old. He’s something forbidden and he’s all she has ever wanted and needed. *rolls eyes*

“I wanted him. More, I needed him.”

To say I was annoyed by Angie is an understatement. She was too needy and obsessive. Here she is with a great boyfriend and all she wants is Evan. I get the girl has needs, but how in the world would she know that Evan could possibly even give her what it is that she needs.

What if he sucked in bed? Why was she so in love with a guy who never gave her the time of day?

“I wanted this man. And it was just too damn bad that he didn’t want me, too.”

Hm…
Her teenage fantasies should have just stayed in her teenage years…imo.

“When I looked up at him, it wasn’t friendly concern that I saw. No, it was heat. It was desire. Vibrant and pure and absolutely unmistakable.”


The sexual tension was hot, as were the sex scenes. During those times I would “try” to forget that I didn’t care much for Angie and just read the scenes for what they were worth. Yes, I realize that can be viewed as contradicting. But I’m human and like sex, sue me! The writing was superb and the plot was okay but slow at times.

“I’m taking you home. I’m going to fuck you, Angie, but I’m going to do it properly. Say yes, baby.”

All in all this was just an okay read for me. I didn’t love it but I also didn’t hate it. I do look forward to the second book.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bantam Books-Random House Publishing Group for providing me with a review copy for an honest review.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig