Thursday, January 19, 2012

Amaranth by Rachael Wade

Amaranth by Rachael Wade
Published July 27, 2011 by Rabbit Hole Press

Knowledge changes everything…

Hoodoo-influenced Southern Louisiana seems like the perfect place for Camille to escape her abusive past and dysfunctional family. She doesn’t expect to fall in love with the handsome Gavin Devereaux and plummet into the world of Amaranth, a place of exile for reformed vampires.

Wrestling to escape a deadly ex-boyfriend while giving Gavin a chance, Camille is confronted with decisions that threaten not only her life, but the lives of her inhuman friends she has come to love. Entangled in her friends’ quest for freedom, she dives into their realm and faces the threats of Amaranth’s ruler—the mother of all vampires—and her own inner demons.

Now Camille must decide whether she will derail her life and make the ultimate sacrifice for the monsters that interrupted her bumpy path back to sanity—what she still wants so desperately—or escape with Gavin before it’s too late for both of them.



My Review: 5 Stars!
What sucked me in before I even read the book was the cover. My goodness it is mesmerizing! By just looking at it, I just knew there would be a great story inside. How I knew this? I do not know, it was just a feeling. It has taken me a week to write this review because I was speechless and didn't know what to say. Well I finally have my words ready for the world to see.

Once I started the book, I honestly felt like it was speaking directly to me. I too have been in relationships like Camille, and they pretty much messed me up. Which is the exact reason I turned to books. I am still waiting for a beautiful, charming vamp to walk into my life...:) Anywhoooo, I could really feel for Camille and I admired her for being able to get away from the first abuser and go to Paris. Where she meets the gorgeous Gavin!

But...

She actually doesn't become involved with him until 2 years later when she is in yet another abusive relationship  with a guy named Andrew. Geez..girl can't catch a break! In comes Gavin the beautiful.
They meet back up at Camille's job, which by the way is at a bookstore. LUCKY!

So they meet back up and start a relationship. Camille's best friend, Audrey also starts a relationship with Gavin's friend,Gabe. I loved how they instantly clicked. It was love at first sight by far and I am a firm believer in love at first sight. I guess in a way it was love at first sight for Gavin and Camille. They were always destined to be together. He might be a vampire, but that's what makes it even more fantastic.

So  many of us would love for a vamp or a werewolf or something not from this world to fall in love with us. In this case I wish it were Gavin. I could actually feel his love for Camille through the pages and into my heart. Not something many books can do.

The world Wade has created is fantastic and so  wonderful that words can not express what I love so much about it. You just have to read it to see what I am talking about. And just wait until you read the ending! My lips are sealed, but I was so shocked and never saw it coming.

All in all this was a great read and you can obviously see I loved it! If you haven't read, I HIGHLY. HIGHLY suggest you go and buy it right NOW!!!
You can buy it at:
Amazon, B&N,Goodreads, and Smashwords
Twitter: @RachaelWade
Also- http://rachaelwade.com/


So up this weekend:
My review and interview of Bonded with Love by Tiffany Heiser! Don'tmiss it!

Alsoooo do not forget to sign up for the giveaway of Meeting Destiny by Nancy Straight!

Ok night loves, bed time for me:)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Wow, Jessica. Thank you so much for this lovely review. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and that Camille's character resonated with you. I've heard from quite a few women who have (unfortunately) gone through similar unhealthy relationships, and it's always humbling to hear that they were inspired by Camille's strength and perseverance. I hope you enjoy The Gates and wish you all the best in 2012!

    Much love,
    Rachael
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachael! I can't wait until The Gates comes out.
    Keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig